Thursday, August 26, 2010

I am soo sad......

I am soooooo sad. I read A LOT about nutrition and weight loss and check out different sources. In an e-book that I purchased - Feed the Muscle, Lose the Fat I came across some disturbing news. When you eat fats in combination with sugar, your body is primed to keep that food combination as body FAT.

My MOST favorite fat/sugar combinations that I can think of are ice cream (thus being really, really sad) and chocolate! Oh hell! Now what are we gonna do?????

So I have been aware of this for a few months and kinda filed it in the back of my head as "gonna try to ignore". Not working! Especially since today I can across a post on a weight loss discussion board that was talking about this very thing and referenced an article in the New York times. So I guess this is not something to be ignored!

So sitting here thinking of all the yummy parts of my day that will be effected - coconut milk flavored creamer in my coffee - sugar/fat, dark chocolate bits - sugar/fat. It is everywhere - in all the occasional indulging cheat foods - ice cream, cheesecake, peanut butter (if it is not no sugar added), donuts, and on and on and on.

My solution?!?!?! I am researching any and all yummy stevia recipes that will allow me to have my ice cream and not the body fat! I already have a favorite chocolate coconut milk ice cream that I make sugar free - guess that is the answer for today. Do you have any favorite sugar free dessert recipes made with stevia?

On a happy note:

I just got an email from one of the fitness guru's newsletters I receive. It has this link in it:

http://www.fitnesstipsforlife.com/how-to-lose-10-pounds.html

It talks about how to lose 10 pounds. It is good, simple advise that we all can follow - no matter how much weight you need to lose or not! Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. So if it is the fat/sugar combination that makes us fat is cotton candy, fat free cookies and fat free ice cream, hard candy, any sort of fat free sugar candy etc okay? I am reading an amazing book right now. Gary Taubes, Good Claories, Bad Calories.
    http://www.amazon.com/Good-Calories-Bad-ebook/dp/B000UZNSC2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1282870473&sr=8-2
    I have come to believe that sugar and simple carbs are the root of all evil. Fat has been demonized for decades and there has never been a shred of evidence that proves that it is what makes us fat. Not even saturated fat. Insulin is our fat storing hormone. Carbohydrates are what causes our pancreas to secrete it. Carbohydrates are also converted into cholesterol in our bodies. Double whammy. Actually, in his book he goes in great detail about what sugar and simple carbs do inside our bodies. Cancer, Alzheimers, heart disease, diabetes and the list of diseases of civilization goes on.
    I could chat on and on and on about this. We really do need to get together sometime soon and catch up. If you're interested in more on this angle let me know I could forward you endless stuff. There is also a lot of links on my blog about this stuff. I highly recommend this book though. Now if only I could cut sugar and simple carbs permanently and maybe make it to the gym more than occasionally..... Oh the work! Kudos to you for finding the time to make it a routine in your life. I don't know how you do it. You have done an amazing job at transforming yourself.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete